LISTEN TO A PODCAST OR READ A BOOK REVIEW
- What did you eat yesterday?Like you may have guessed from the title, this series is about food. It centres around the life of a gay couple, Shiro and Kenji. Shiro is a reserved lawyer who is a foodie and Kenji is an outgoing hairdresser. The story centers around their domestic life in Japan, with their work and the minefieldsContinue reading “What did you eat yesterday?”
- Sweetest in the Gale : A Marysburg story collection40-Love was the first time I encountered Olivia Dade’s universe of Marysburg. A (seemingly) small town in New England where the local high school is the location of shenanigans and love stories, especially among the (mostly) professional, and hard-working staff! Sweetest in the Gale: A Marysburg Story Collection is just that, a collection of threeContinue reading “Sweetest in the Gale : A Marysburg story collection”
- 500 miles from youEpistolary: (of a literary work) in the form of letters. There are many classic epistolary novels such as The Color Purple (Alice Walker), The perks of being a wallflower (Stephen Chbosky), or Lady Susan (Jane Austen). Of course my favourite epistolary novel was the outstanding The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by MaryContinue reading “500 miles from you”
- A Study in Scarlet WomenA study in Scarlet Women is the first of the lady Sherlock series by Sherry Thomas. It is a re-imagination of Sherlock Holmes, but seen through a female perspective. Re-imagination of Sherlock Holmes are aplenty; we recently saw a rise of this on TV with the Elementary and Sherlock series, which reintroduced this favourite detectiveContinue reading “A Study in Scarlet Women”
- SoullessSoulless is set in an alternate Victorian England. A version different to the one we know; with werewolves, vampires and technology that is far more advanced than what it actually was. The story follows Alexia, who is far from your normal spinster. She is quite different to humans, seeming distant and eccentric. Even the supernaturalContinue reading “Soulless”
You can find up to date information on what to expect when you visit the library at our COVID-19 and Your Library page.
If you have any questions regarding activities and events taking place at the library, please contact us.
If you wish to receive our activities and events via email, you can subscribe to our newsletter.